How Can we Help
We are a West Midlands, based company , We can help you import a car from Japan to UK. we have a wide collection of cars from : some of the best small hybrid, hatchbacks and MPV cars on the market, as well as specialist disabled access vehicles and sports cars.
visit our stock list for more details : https://japautotrader.co.uk/stock/
COST TO IMPORT A CAR FROM JAPAN TO UK
When it comes to cost it varies. There are a lot of factors that contributes towards the final cost of a car, before we can decide a sold price or ‘on the road in the UK’ price.
The cars are sold in Auction Houses in japanese Yen. As the currency value changes, so as the final price of the car has an impact accordingly. for example : if the pound value is strong in the market , the same car will cost cheaper to buy.
FEE WE HAVE TO PAY IN JAPAN
After carefully buying the car, there is still a lot of extra fees that we have to pay before the car can be shipped. below are the fee involved :
- Exporting agent’s commission.
- Auction fee.
- Recycling fee
- Transport fees (auction house to exporter’s yard, then on to the port). Obviously this varies according to the distances involved.
- De-registration and export paperwork.
we at Jap Autotrader will look after all the above cost for you and make it a hastle free experience.
FEE WE HAVE TO PAY IN UK
After the car is shipped and arrives in UK , there are following fee we have to pay before we can make it ready for you to drive off.
- Shipping charge. This is usually based on the number of cubic meters of space. The customs clearance agent will sort this for you if you use one.
- Shipping insurance, we always buy the best insurance to cover our goods.
- Import agent fee
- Port fees.
- UK customs clearance agent fees.
- Import duty, charged at 10 % of FOB price + shipping.
- VAT, charged at 20 % of FOB price + shipping fee + import duty.
- Compliance work
- MOT (or IVA) test fee. Apply for Individual Vehicle Approval (IVA) – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- Registration fee.
- Car tax (vehicle excise duty).
- Number plates.
so if you are thinking to import a car from japan to UK or want to buy a car which we have already carefully selected and imported with all the compliance done, please get in touch with our team and we will be able to assist.